Sunday, November 20, 2016
Cleaning a toilet is a habit practiced by every household to make the restroom as clean as it should be. As such, it is always important to ensure that you use the best methods and detergents to clean the toilet. Are your surest ways hygienic enough to drive away all the germs? Well; below are the things to avoid when cleaning toilet to add up your microbe killing mission:
• While flushing, do not leave the lid open. This could be the onset of harmful microorganisms culminating the room. This is a common mistake a lot have gone ahead to assume. According to credible researches conducted, it has been proved that indeed germs can survive in the atmosphere for a long time to the point of breeding in dark, dirty corners of the space. This can be proved further, the pressure involved with flushing sends some water carrying germs splashing out of the chamber and contaminating other objects not intended for. In the end, the bacteria multiply rather than decreasing because of the open getaway that facilitates its increment.
• Desist from using harsh abrasives with presumption that it will be free from stains and germs. It poses more harm than good. They will lead to corrosion of the toilet floor and even the toilet bowl itself. With its continuous use, the toilets surfaces gradually take on a faded and bumpy appearance and later on become the bacterial den. It is not only the toilet that suffers the damage but also the cleaner. If he or she does not take the necessary precaution, it will lead to severe injuries. Therefore, avoid coming into direct contact with the chemicals while cleaning the toilet. Put on a preventive attire to keep away the strong, dangerous components in the toilet cleansers. Having said that, don’t leave chemicals spilling all over the room.
• A toilet is a place to ease her not a storage space. The more items there are, the harder it will be to eradicate microorganisms. Do not store your toiletries in the toilet room hoping it will be easier to find and use them. With time, the moisture in the place hooks up with the products surfaces forming what could be the best habitat for germs because of the dirt that accumulates over time. Avoid stuffing them in the toilet since it will also prove harder to clean the vulnerable environment now that there are hideouts for germs and you won’t be able to clear them out in a day.
• When cleaning a toilet, leave out every gadget on the table or somewhere other than the toilet itself. It never hurts to take a break from snap chat and concentrate on keeping the place clean and tidy. Scientists have proven that cell phones could also harbor germs if exposed to a germ stricken place. What’s the point of washing hands and getting back to the dirty phone that is already infested with the disease causing organisms? This habit is detestable and should never be practised.
• While cleaning a toilet; avoid mixing detergents. Some detergents are very corrosive when brought together which is why they should never come in contact. A lot of people think that cleaning detergents mixed together will be more effective and in so doing; will ease the task of cleaning using the new found method. You never know how much harm could be brewing following the experiment. Some of the sites recommend such ways without carrying a research on the level of toxicity involved. Never take into consideration such ill advice from uncertified personnel who care not.
• Do not let your toilet act as a refuse point where you get to flush anything other than your poop. Doing so while cleaning might lead to other complications not prepared for like drain blockage. Some things like wrappings should never be let through the toilet flush since it might go ahead to block the pipe leading the used water through to the sewage collection point.
• While cleaning a toilet, don’t go ahead and try to examine the toilet parts simply because you are trying to ascertain every part is intact. Don’t act as Mr. Right and let the professionals do their job. If you try to venture into the plumbing industry using your model, it might lead to trivial problems which will later on cost a lot more due to your intervenience. Save yourself the trouble of having to experience such and let a plumber take control.
• Avoid toilet freshener balls at all cost. They sure seem very nice with its pleasant fragrance. Let not that blind your eyes from seeing its disadvantage of using them. With their ball-like shapes, some might prove hard to disintegrate and later on block the toilet from cleansing. The chemicals used to manufacture the balls could also damage the inner parts of the toilet like wearing them out.
• Cleaning a toilet doesn’t mean leaving out the wall hangings, curtains or roller blinds and any object found in the room. Thorough clean every object to ensure that the whole place is disinfected with no lingering germ going scot free. The aim is to get rid of all the harmful organisms that could be taking refuge in the tiny room awaiting any host for a higher survival rate. Don’t shift your cleaning away from the dark, tiny crevices since that is where they like most.
• One should never neglect the toilet floor while disinfecting the toilet bowl. That also makes up the toilet room and just like the toilet itself, it could be with a lot of germs. Cleaning it too helps leave the whole place smelling fresh and looking clean. However, some cleaners contain chemicals that are incompatible with the toilet floor material which is why it safe to consult an experienced professional before taking matters into your own hands. It is a bad idea to explore without thinking of its consequences.
With the above don’ts, be rest assured of a germ free zone that will get you enjoying a clean toilet all through the season. It all takes sanitation to be safe from microorganism related diseases which has claimed lives of many children and is still a big issue in today’s world. Luckily, some awareness campaigns have come up to sensitize the population on the importance of clean toilets.
Wednesday, October 5, 2016
Spring cleaning the house before selling it is not only a good ethical practice; it also uplifts the value of the house. Take a few days off and clean your house well so that it acquires a fresh and a neat look. Spring cleaning is carried out the spring season in countries as the sun is bright and shiny. Though Singapore has no spring season, the metaphor stays for thorough cleaning of the house.
Some spring cleaning tips before selling your house:-
It is advised to get your floor tiles/marbles cleaned professionally. The corners and edges of the tiles should be vacuumed to draw out all the settled debris. The carpets must be steam cleaned and the wooden floors have to be treated and cleaned with wood cleaning products. Check for molds and other allergic agents and get them removed out of your vicinity.
Home walls have dust, grease, and dirt accumulated over them. Get a wall cleaner and scrub the walls squeaky clean. Moreover, if you are easy on the budget, get a fresh coat of paint done on the walls from a reliable painting agency in Singapore. The ceilings should be taken care of. If possible, get the peeling flakes and chipped paint scrubbed off the walls. While washing the walls, start from the top corners and work your way to the bottom. This way all the dripping marks can be removed while moving downwards. Also, do take care of the popcorn ceilings. People do not prefer it these days and therefore the sellers should get them removed. It could diminish the monetary value of the house.
Windows and glass:
Though your house might look clean, potential buyers could check on the window panes and the glass fittings to check for stains and dirt accumulation. Make sure to rub them clean with a good-quality glass-cleaning solution. The windows fittings should be rust free and easy to maneuver. Oil the hinges to make them easy to handle.
Ward off the stench:
There are certain corners of the house that stink. Furnaces, air conditioning vents, storage lofts, refrigerators, microwave, cleaning sink in the kitchen and bathroom. They have to be cleaned well. Use warm water and a cleaning solution to clean your microwave and refrigerator. Keep activated charcoal in the refrigerator as it draws the entire odor. Clean the drip tray. Vacuum the coils, grates, condensers and clean the vents thoroughly. Open them and leave them for a while to let odor escape. This mechanism also reduces the instance of molds and germs in the house.
Clean the bed:
Vacuum your mattresses to remove all dirt and smell. Flip them to give the mattress a better look. Open your windows and let in some fresh air. Try and get some sunlight so that the mattresses get disinfected. Clean the accumulated dust in the corners of the bed. Follow the same regime with all the mattresses in the house.
The buyer could pay extra attention to the bathroom of the house and this could be the deciding factor. Get the floor and the walls scrubbed thoroughly with a cleaning solution. Scrub the corners of the tiles where dirt might have settled and clean the floor scum. The corners of the bathroom, behind the fixtures, are often difficult to reach. Clean these areas and ensure that there is not mold present. Caulk the sink, tubs, and commodes and check for leakages. Get the leaking pipes and fixtures repaired on a priority basis. Rust clean the fixtures and fittings to give them a new look. If the drain pipes and wash basins have clogging issues, they need to be attended to as well. Clean the toilet seats and hinges properly.
Vacuum the sofas, mattress pads, mats, carpets, and curtains to remove dust, germs, molds, and allergens. A dash of sunlight is the perfect disinfecting agent. This makes the home environment healthy and positive. A clean and healthy home is always inviting and buyers will feel the positive vibes on entering you home. If the upholstery has liquids spilled on them, scrub them off. If things do not work out at home, take the help of a cleaning agent in Singapore who will clean your rugs, curtains, and sofas clean. The cleaning process starts with a good vacuuming of the upholstery. It should be followed by stain removal. Stain removing solutions are available in the market. You can make you handy solution of vinegar and water at home. Though stains are best tackled right when they happen, you can try your hand at removing them while spring cleaning. For upholstery where W or Ws is mentioned, siding is a good option. Prepare some soapy water in a bucket and take a soft cleaning brush and wipe clean your materials.
Closet, doors, and accessories:
The light fittings, fans, door knobs, and other electrical appliances that will stay in the house, should be checked and cleaned. The wardrobes and closets should be wiped clean and treated with anti-termite solutions. Get the doors and wardrobes polished to make them look neat. Oil the hinges of the door and check for rusted fittings.
Clean and polish the surface of the kitchen slabs and floors. Take special care of the corners, tiles edges, and hinges. Get a pest control treatment done if necessary. The microwave, kettles, stoves, dishwasher and other appliances in the kitchen have to be scrub cleaned with appropriate cleaning solution. A homemade solution of vinegar, baking soda, and lemon juice cleans of tough stains and residue on the heating appliances. Wash off the walls to remove the grease and oil. Get them painted if possible.
If the house is on the ground floor in Singapore, and you have an open area surrounding the house, get it cleaned thoroughly. The garden hedges and grass should be trimmed and the plants must be lined well. Take care to get any unwanted plantations removed. The yards must be neat and look appealing. This is the first impression the buyer will get and make sure that the entrance of the house should be attractive.
With these tips, you are sure to get your house spick and span in no time. Spring-cleaning will add an appeal to your house and make the home look comfortable and warm. Buyers will be impressed with the upkeep of your house and get ready to pay the correct price for your house.
Sunday, September 4, 2016
Well, after toiling hard on a hot day may be the only thing that you need is a bottle of coke. But do you know that you can also clean your toilet with coke? In fact, you can do much more with this famous soda than just quenching your thirst. It might sound crazy, but it’s actually true. Because it has some acid in it, you can use it to cook a steak, make emergency oil lamp and clean the toilet. So in case your toilet has limescale stains or rings and you do not have any cleaning gear around you can actually grab a bottle of coke and use it as a toilet cleaner.
According to many people cleaning the toilet is one of the most dreaded household chores. There is nothing interesting about it but if you use this awesome drink, your messy chore will be turned into an easy task. Also, while using it, you do not have to deal with the messy chemicals. If you do not use all of it, drink the remaining portion. Remember, coke is also very cheap as it costs less than 50 cents meaning you will not have to spend a lot of money on it. But how can you clean your toilet with coke? Here are the steps,
· Take a cup of coke- Take a bottle of coke and open it. Remember you do not need a lot of it for this activity. If you have a larger bottle of coke measure only 1 cup. Coke works well as a toilet cleaner since it contains phosphoric and carbonic acid in it. These chemicals do not come from flavoring but rather from carbonization. This is why club coke and other carbonated drinks can be applied instead of coke.
· Pour it into bowl- Pour the drink around the bowl of toilet and allow it to flow over the stains that are visible. While doing this, ensure that you allow enough time for the stains to be coated with coke. Although this will appear to flow to the bottom, a small coat will remain on the stained area. However, if your stains are difficult to remove, try using an old rag of coke and then apply it by hand. Alternatively, you can use a spray container with soda if you do not want to stain your hands.
· Allow the drink to settle for sometime- After pouring coke on the stain allow it to sit o for some time. The longer you allow coke to settle on the stains the higher the chances you have of breaking down stains. In fact, it should sit for approximately one hour. But if you want to do a thorough work, allow the drink to sit on the stain overnight meaning, you should pour it before going to bed. Remember, coke is much better as a toilet cleaner than most chemical cleaners
· Flush the toilets- The acids will loosen up the buildup stains. Before flushing the toilet, you can scrub up all the stains that the coke loosened. Phosphoric acid found in coke will break down the stubborn stains. Once you are done, flush the toilet to reveal a freshly cleaned, stainless, and ring less toilet. Although natural solutions such as baking powder and vinegar can also do the trick, they cannot beat the power of coke
· Repeat the process as needed- After flushing the toilet, you will see how soda could remove much of the dirt. While soda coke really performs well for the built-up chemicals and the sort of rings that that are familiar with the toilets, it might not completely remove all the stains. You may, therefore, need to repeat the process again. This second process is very important especially if your dirt refuses to go away.
· Use a lot of scrubbing- After applying a some soda, a good old fashioned brush should do the trick. The process of brushing will further loosen the buildup stains and remove them completely once you treat them with the drink. If you are looking for best results, ensure that you brush it before using coke as a toilet cleaner.
· Use heat- Generally, it’s believed that chemical reactions sometimes occur much faster if you apply some heat. The acid reaction between coke and stains cannot be excluded. For extremely hard stains, you may heat up your coke inside a microwave before applying them. It does not have to reach the boiling point but it should be boiled enough to the touch. However, while doing this, never heat any soda or carbonated drink in a sealed containers. This can cause dangerous explosions of the liquid. Instead, pour it into safe glass and microwave it. Heating it may cause fizzing hence, make sure you wear gloves.
· Combine coke with other household cleaners- Although coke is very effective for job, it’s not the only the thing. For hard stains, ensure that you pair it up with other household solutions. For instance, mix it with vinegar and baking powder and use the concoctions to the toilet bowl and leave it for some time to settle down. However, for mold stains, try mixing hydrogen peroxide with some water in a spray bottle. You can also use the drink to brush any residual stains or scaling around the stubborn spot.
· Know when not to use coke- it’s also very important to know when using coke as a toilet cleaner is not the best choice. Remember, although it’s very much suitable for removing most mineral deposits that commonly exists in the toilets, it won’t work for stains such as grease or oil fat. More so, it’s also not good for killing germs. As a matter of fact, the sugar found in a normal coke can feed certain kinds of bacteria. Also it’s not effective for removing stains caused by dyes, inks and other pigments.
· Inform those whom you are living with ahead of time.
· Having some acid in it don’t make it dangerous to consume
· This process is not ideal for oily stains.
· You can also use soda water and other sodas for carbonation
That is how to use coke as a toilet cleaner.
Sunday, August 28, 2016
Home cleaning is one of the most important and tedious job for all the house makers. In a normal situation you do not get any trouble cleaning most of the places from your home. You can use vacuum cleaner broom and similar other home cleaning tools for cleaning of your home and you may get good result as well. But when it comes about the cleaning of tight corners, then it becomes really difficult for you to do that cleaning. Many time you keep wondering how to How to Clean in Tight Corners In Your Home and you do not know what to do. If you are dealing with similar situation and you have no idea what to do, then here is a guide that can definitely asset you in that.
Know what need to be cleaned: for better home cleaning of your tight corners, it is advised that you make a list of things or places that need to be cleaned. For example, corners in your bathroom, top edges over your doors and windows, and joints in your walls may have a lot of dirt and dust in it. Other than this back of your picture frames, back of your refrigerator, under your sofa and bed also need to be cleaned properly. Hence it is advised that you make a proper list of all the places that you need to cover in this home cleaning work. This list will help you do your work smartly and you will be able to finish it in less time as well.
Make a plan for cleaning: If you don’t have a plan, then you can’t do your home cleaning in smart manner. You should make a plan for this cleaning work. In this plan you should think about places that you need to clean first and then you should move ahead to next place. Also, you will need to use various tools and cleaning equipment’s for better home cleaning for these hard to reach areas. So, you should get those tools or equipment’s as well. In addition to this it is also very important that you pay minute attention on the safety front. So, make sure you plan for that as well to avoid any kind of serious security issue.
Get right kind of tools: Getting right kind of tool is really important to do any job and that applies for home cleaning as well. When you will do the cleaning without having right kind of tools, then it will become really complicated for you to finish the work. These tools may include a small brush with long handle. That will help you clean the corners or edges. You should also get some tooth brush and liquid soap for same. Warm water is also very important for the home cleaning. If you will have some stubborn stains in the corners, then you may need to soak the stains in the warm water before starting the scrubbing using brush or other tools. Towels or dusting clothes are also important to dust the dirt and deposition from edges such as top of your window or doors and picture frames. Along with these things, you should also get some gloves mask and other safety equipment’s to have the best outcome for same.
Start cleaning one by one: As said above you should start the home cleaning process one by one. First of all you should clean all the inner areas to have better result. Also, you should dust of all the higher places before dusting or removing the dust from lower areas. If you have some picture frames in your home, then you should take it down, you should clean the picture frame and you should clean the wall as well where you placed the frame. Normally that place remains filled with lot of dust and you should clean that as well. In some corner on the floor if you notice there are stubborn stains, then you should pour some hot water, and you should let it soak for some time. After that you should take a brush and you should scrub it using some soap solution. That will help you keep it clean easily and you will get shiny corners as well. After that you should take a broom and you should clean under the sofa, bed and similar other places as well.
Give time for this cleaning: Many people thing they can do the entire work in one day. They need to understand that home cleaning is not an easy job and it became the toughest one while cleaning the corners of your home. This will be a time consuming process and many time you may not be able to clean it in one day. So, when you do this work, then make sure you give time to yourself. If you are not giving time to your self and if you will try to finish it in one day, then you will get no good result and you will get tiered as well. So, make sure you do not make this mistake in any condition.
Take help if needed: Not taking help is another mistake that many people make in their day to day cleaning. If you will make this mistake then it will be a bad thing for you and you will not be able to get any good result with it. If you have a bigger house or if you think you cannot do the work by yourself, then you should not mind taking help from other people. That extra helping hand will not only reduce the work load on you, but it will finish the work in less time as well. Apart from that quick completion of work, it will increase the quality of work as well and you will have better cleaning. So, ask for help from your family members and if they are not there to help you, then you can hire some experts from professional cleaning services as well. They will not only assist you, but they may do complete home cleaning also for you at a nominal fees.
Monday, July 18, 2016
Spring marks a new beginning, so why not a fresh start with the office as well? The office has lot of papers, official documents and files besides many employees. It is bound to get untidy and dirty after a full year’s work, so it is good to choose spring as the cleaning time. Cleaning is not just any other work and may not be directly related to the sales reports and the profit charts, but it is good to clean offices. A neat and tidy workplace improves the overall productivity of the work, motivates the workers and brings about a feel good factor. It has also been found that this also reduces absenteeism.
Some Reasons For Cleaning The Office
There may be many papers and files in the office which are no longer needed. So, spring cleaning is absolutely necessary. Some of the reasons are:
Increasing productivity and accuracy: The cleaning process is required for increasing the efficiency of the workers. If our table is organized in a way that we find everything without searching much our energy for working receives a high. Wasting time in finding things reduces productivity and act as an unnecessary disturbance.
Reducing injuries: Cleaning the working place also prevents any accident that one might face. A worker may fall or trip by stumbling on something which is improperly kept.
Easy access to important records: We do not know which particular file we might need at a certain point of time. We may be searching the financial reports dating a few years back. Keeping things in order allows us to find them easily. If the office is clean and in order then you could find everything without any worry.
Reduces absenteeism due to illness: Often dust, germs and flies in the workplace are responsible for many kinds of allergic reactions or asthma. If the workplace is kept clean, these illnesses just remain an excuse.
Checklists For Cleaning
There are some checklists which tell us how to go about with the cleaning process. At first, everyone should be encouraged to clean their own place of work.
Sanitizing wipes should be used for cleaning desks, armrests, phones and the keyboards of the computers.
Microfiber clothes are the ideal for cleaning the screens and the monitors of the electronic devices. Brushes and electronic dusters are the perfect to clean up the corners.
An office should always have disposable gloves for people with too much sensitive skin.
The employees can be divided into groups and asked to clean the office. This gives them a feeling of ownership. The kitchen is a great place to start with for the cleaning purpose. Generally the appliances like the fridge, the microwave and the coffee maker bear an over day brunt. So they have huge deposits of dust, expired and perished eatables and residue while or after cooking. They can be cleaned with the help of cleaners, pads and sponges.
Cleaning does not always mean taking care of the physical appearance of an office. Cleaning also involves looking after the machines and the electronic appliances. The files and the folders in our computers should be neatly organized with proper names. A compressed air duster should be used to clean the keyboard and the computer vents. The computer cords and the wires should always be without a tangle. The company should have proper document retention facilities. There should be a backup of the files and the passwords should be changed often for security reasons. One should update to the most recent app or operating software. The items in the trash or recycling bin should be deleted. The unneeded files should also be deleted. The unused programs or the apps should be uninstalled. The cookies and the caches should be cleared from the internet browsers. One should also unsubscribe form unwanted mails.
It is very good for an office to have a shredder as it can help dispose the confidential documents after they have been used. Plastic storage boxes are also very important as they are ideal for keeping items like scissors, gum, staplers and sellotape. Label Maker again helps us to label the various files and the documents.
The general office cleaning checklists also include dusting the entire room, cleaning the rugs and the carpets, polishing the wooden furniture, vacuuming the upholstery and cleaning the floor.
How To Start With The Cleaning Process?
The cleaning process may seem a great ordeal at the beginning, but will soon become a fun process if some positive approaches are followed towards cleaning the office.
The work should be divided among groups. For e.g. one group should be allotted the task of cleaning the kitchen, other the cupboard whereas other the files.
- There should be snacks and refreshments for the people involved in the cleaning.
- It will be nice if some prizes are kept for various bests.
- Creativity and innovation should rule the roost as this produces the best results.
- The right organizational things like the microfibers and the cleaners should always be kept handy.
- Accessories like containers should also be kept ready.
There are many things in the office which can be recycled instead of being thrown away. Papers and bottles can be recycled.
Donation bins are also a great idea as one can donate things which they do not need anymore.
Office setups which are complex should be organized with help taken from professional organizers.
The important thing to be kept in mind is that, as cleaning process can made fun filled, it should not turn into an annual fest. The employees may take this as an opportunity to dirty their workplaces and then again waste one full day in spring cleaning. They should be encouraged to keep their workplace clean throughout the year and clean it on a weekly basis. If the desks and the files are organized every week, the work process will become faster and productivity is bound to be enhanced. Regular instructions and occasional workshops on importance of cleaning play an important role in having a good looking and clean office.
Thursday, June 23, 2016
Removing stains from any surface in the home is critical for the health of the entire family. They are a magnet for insects, molds, and bacteria so it is a good idea to get rid of them quickly. Furthermore, stains also destroy the aesthetic value of your home so that removing them is important if you want to keep your house looking beautiful and clean. Unfortunately, some surfaces are a bit difficult to clean than others depending on the material used to make them. Solid surfaces are an example of areas that are harder to clean once stained because the material used to make them are less responsive to conventional cleaning methods than fabrics. More specifically, solid surfaces are a type of synthetic stone with various colors. People like them because they look good when clean and they are strong. You may like them too so here are a few tips on how you can keep them clean by removing any stains on them.
Use an appropriate soap solution for your solid surface.
Companies make different types of counter-tops for different purposes and target markets. They come with a variety of unique properties based on the way the manufacturer made them and for what purpose. For example, the three most common solid surfaces are those with a matte, semi-gloss, and high-gloss finish. Using a strong soap solution on a high-gloss finish can ruin the surface of the counter-top making it appear grotesque even when it is clean. Conversely, using an unusually mild soap detergent on the solid surface might not lead to the removal of the stain. Therefore, the first step in removing stains from such areas is to determine the type of counter-top you have. Only when you do that, will you know the right kind of soap solution you need to do the job. You should ask your manufacturer or a cleaning expert if you are unable to type of surface you intend to clean.
Go about the cleaning process in a systematic way.
Cleaning a surface is not as simple as most people think it is. It takes a bit of skill to understand what step comes before the other so that you do not make the problem worse than it already is. For instance, you should first gather the materials necessary for the job substituting a non-ammonia window cleaner for a soap solution if you do not have the latter. Take dry clean cloth and put it into the soap solution or the non-ammonia window cleaner. Wipe the surface that has the stain with this wet cloth in a circular motion. Repeat this circular motion until the stain is no longer there. If it disappears, then rinse the area with a clean dry cloth. You can repeat this procedure as a daily means of keeping the solid surface clean from normal stains.
The use of specialized cleaning solutions is also a possibility.
Some stains are tougher than others and using a circular motion with a wet dry cloth will not work even if you use a strong cleaning solution. In this case, you need stain removers that are just as tough as or tougher than the stain you intend to remove. Take the abrasive cleaner and gently spread it over the stained area and leave it as it is for about ten minutes. Take a sponge or scrubber depending on how strong you believe the stain to be and rub it against the area in a circular motion. Keep rubbing the surface until the stains disappear. You should use an appropriate abrasive solution that will not be too tough on your solid surface. For example, oven or floor stripper cleaners may be too strong for your counter-top because they contain harsh chemical substances that can destroy the sheen of your solid surface. Contact a cleaning agent for advice on the most appropriate abrasive agent if you are unable to decide on one.
Use a disinfectant on your counter-top regularly.
The kitchen and the washrooms are normally a hotbed of germs and other microorganisms and that is why you have to be very careful with these areas. Solid surfaces, mostly found in the kitchen, can hold a great number of disease-causing microorganisms unless you deal with them properly. You can so that by disinfecting them every time you clean the counter-top. Doing so is easy and it only takes a minute or two of your time. What you should have in hand is a bleach solution. You can use household bleach for this endeavor. First, immerse a clean dry cloth into an equal amount of bleach and water. Then apply this damp cloth to the stained area. That is it. You can also opt for kitchen wipes in case you do not have any bleach. Disinfecting your counter-top in this way is important as it helps you to remove any stubborn remnants of the stains you have tried to remove initially.
Remember to always rinse your solid surface thoroughly.
Counter-tops are pretty to look at because of their gloss and color. Once you remove the stains and then disinfect the area, then this pretty sheen disappear. However, you can make it come back by simply rinsing the solid surface. Rinsing also helps you to remove any hard water that may be on the counter-top after you disinfected it. To rinse a solid surface is quite easy. You just rub the surface with a cloth dipped in clean water. Then you can complete the process by drying the surface with a clean dry cloth.
These are all the tips you need to know when it comes to this aspect of cleaning your home and as such, you now know how to clean stains on solid surface. Use these tips to keep your solid surface free from stains in addition to maintaining its aesthetic appeal to you and your family members. However, it is also important to contact experts on this matter as often as you can. Professional cleaners can save you a lot of time, money, and effort when it comes to such household chores. Hire an expert cleaner today and you will be happy that you did so.
Tuesday, March 22, 2016
Home renovation requires a lot of work, and the homeowner may have to turn a lot of things upside-down in order to achieve the new look that they want. However, after the dust has settled and the construction crew is out, the homeowner has to get a professional to help them with the mess. Examples of dirt and debris that can be found in a house that has recently been renovated include:
- Pieces of glass
- Pieces of tiles
- Pieces of wood
- Paint drops
- Marks on the walls, mirrors, doorknobs and windows.
- Dust on various surfaces
- Debris on the floors or carpets
Cleaning a home that has recently been renovated requires a lot of hard work and attention to detail. It is important to get rid of any dirt, dust and debris in order to ensure that the house looks as good as new. This is why it is crucial to hire a professional team who have home renovation cleaning experience. The team should be able to work from top to bottom in order to thoroughly clean the house. They should also be able to work within the client's time frame, so that the owner of the home can move into their house within the shortest time possible.
Checklist for cleaning after renovation
In order to ensure that all the bases are covered and that the professionals have done a thorough job, it is important to have a comprehensive checklist. This checklist will include the various rooms in the home and all the areas that should be thoroughly cleaned. The checklist will show the professional cleaners how to systematically clean the entire home so that it is in a perfect condition when the owners want to move back in. The following is an example of some of the areas that have to be cleaned in the major rooms in most houses.
- All the surfaces in the kitchen, bedroom, bathroom and other living areas will have to be dusted.
- The cabinets in all the rooms will have to be cleaned. The professional cleaning team will clean the front of the cabinet as well as the inside. They will remove all the debris and ensure that the cabinets and closets are in perfect condition.
- The countertops or shelves in the kitchen, bathroom and other living areas need to be wiped or dusted.
- The backsplash and the sinks in the kitchen and the bathroom will have to be cleaned. It is also important to properly sanitize the bathroom sink in order to maintain hygiene in the room.
- The team will thoroughly clean the entire window. They should clean the inside and outside of the window so that it is crystal clear. They should also clean the window sills and the window tracks.
- The marks on all the walls and baseboards in all the rooms should be removed by scrubbing or wiping.
- The door frames, doors and doorknobs need to be thoroughly wiped. The light switches and sockets also have to be cleaned.
- The floors in every single room need to be vacuumed and cleaned thoroughly. The procedure that will be used to wash the floor will depend on the material that the floor is made from. However, experts are usually very familiar with the various cleaning strategies, and they will thoroughly clean the floor without affecting its appearance. They will also use quality cleaning products that will not damage the surface in any way.
- In the kitchen, the appliances have to be thoroughly cleaned. The experts will clean the fridge, the dishwasher, the microwave, the oven, and the stove top. They will also wipe other small appliances such as the coffee maker and the toaster.
- Any trash that was left behind by the construction workers or the constructors in any of the rooms will be removed.
- In the bathroom, the team will clean the inside and outside of the toilet and sanitize it so that it remains hygienically clean.
- They will also clean the bathtub, the glass doors as well as the shower walls in the bathroom. They will sanitize the entire area to get rid of any germs that may be lurking around.
- The mirrors in all the bathrooms will be thoroughly cleaned, and the contractors will ensure that the entire bathroom is spick and span.
- If there are any carpeted floors in the house, they will be thoroughly vacuumed so that they are exceptionally clean.
- All the hard floors will also be cleaned by vacuuming or damp-mopping them.
- If the house has a fireplace in the bedroom or any other living area, it will be vacuumed and cleaned completely by the professional cleaners.
What to look for when hiring a house cleaning company
After renovating your home, you should consider a house cleaning company that meets the following requirements:
- They should have enough experience in cleaning houses after a renovation. This is because a lot of details are involved, and they should know which corners of the house to target in order to do a thorough job.
- They should be ready to provide references of people who they have worked with before. The client can contact their previous clients in order to know whether they can really do a good job.
- They should be flexible when it comes to timing. They should be able to clean the home whenever it is convenient for the client.
- They should offer their services at a reasonable price. The client should ensure that the house cleaning company can thoroughly clean their house at a price that is affordable.
House cleaning after a renovation requires a lot of attention to detail. However, if a client hires the right house cleaning company, they will be able to move into a clean and sanitary house that looks great. The house cleaning crew will get rid of any of the trash and spots that were left behind by the renovation or construction crew. The price and the services that they offer will depend on whether the renovation was done on the whole house or on a specific room. The client can only be sure that they will get services that offer great value for their money if they hire a professional house cleaning company.